San Diego Comic-Con 2013Sunday, July 21, 2013
- Listen to Neil Gaiman talk about everything (3-4 p.m. @ Room 6DE)
- It’s hard to believe, but its been 25 years since Gaiman created The Sandman comic series. But now, the guy is into everything, and he’ll be hosting a panel to talk about his career and everything he’s working on. Here’s hoping the guest writer also spills some Who details, as well.
- Celebrate 50 years of awesome Marvel comics (1:45-2:45 p.m. @ Room 5AB)
- Comic gurus Brian Michael Bendis, Frank Brunner, John Romita, Jr. and Roy Thomas will look back on 50 years of great Marvel comics — specifically The Avengers, X-Men, Doctor Strange and Nick Fury.
- Head Under the Dome with CBS’s new hit series (2:15-3:15 @ Room 6BCF)
- The small screen adaptation of Stephen King’s novel was a risky proposition, but CBS has put together one heck of series — and it’s doing pretty well in the ratings, as well. The cast and crew will be on hand to tease what they have in store for the weird little guilty pleasure. Here’s hoping this is the latest of many Under the Dome appearances at Comic-Con.
- Beware the Batman: Get a peek at The Dark Knight’s new animated series (1-2 p.m. @ Room 6BCF)
- Cartoon Network is prepping this new, CGI-based Batman series — and they’ll be showing off some footage. The CGI look has received a mixed reception from fans, so this should be a good time to judge and see how it really looks in execution.
- Learn about George R.R. Martin’s new comic book series
- The Song of Ice and Fire author is keeping busy (as much as fans might want him to just finish those books), and his latest project is the comic book Skin Trade. Martin is always fun, and this may be a first chance to find out about this series before HBO picks it up to make another hit series.
- Hang out with the cast of Supernatural and learn about S9 (10-11 a.m. @ Hall H)
- Stars Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki and Misha Collins will join executive producer Jeremy Carver to talk about the recent eighth season and tease what fans can expect fro year nine of the long-running CW series.
- Geek out over Doctor Who’s 50th with Matt Smith, Steven Moffat (12:30-1:30 p.m. @ Hall H)
- Mastermind Steven Moffat will be getting us primed for Doctor Who’s 50th, along with stars Matt Smith and Jenna-Louise Coleman. In addition to the regular Who stuff, they’ll also be dropping some details about the anniversary special An Adventure in Space and Time, which will recount the creation of the series.
- Celebrate Dan Harmon’s return with the cast of Community (1:50-2:45 p.m. @ Hall H)
- Stars Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Alison Brie, Yvette Nicole Brown, Ken Jeong and several others will join recently rehired showrunner Dan Harmon to talk about the series and what Harmon has in store for next season now that he’s back in charge. Harmon’s a fireball, so this should be entertaining.