A D R 1 F T
- If you watched Gravity and wanted to take your own shot at surviving alone in space as all hell breaks loose, this is the game for you.
- The upcoming videogame experience Adrift (aka Adr1ft) bears a whole in common with Alfonso Cuaron’s sci-fi masterpiece, and puts you in the helmet of an astronaut in peril. The game is described as an Immersive First Person Experience (FPX), and judging by the footage in this new trailer, we’d be hard pressed not to agree.
- Here’s the official synopsis for the game, which sets up the pitch:
- Floating silently amongst the wreckage of a destroyed space station with no memory and a severely damaged EVA suit slowly leaking oxygen, the only survivor struggles to determine the cause of the catastrophic event that took the lives of everyone on board. The player fights to stay alive by exploring the wreckage for precious resources, and overcomes the challenges of an unforgiving environment to repair the damaged EEV and safely return home.
- The game is coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC this September. The best part? An Oculus Rift adaptation is also in the works, and though that is admittedly terrifying, it could makes for an extremely creative use of the VR tech. Assuming you can keep from throwing up from all the spinning, of course.