There were red roses in there, which he threw to the crowd, saving some white roses for the ladies in the cast. The whole cast (minus Scarlett Johansson, who was too pregnant to travel) came out one at a time. Jeremy Renner in particular seemed in the spirt, still dancing to MJ.
Samuel Jackson had a different approach...
One by one they came out onto the stage...
Now for some highlights from the panel itself:
- One of the best bits of the panel was when moderator and King Nerd Chris Hardwick asked Chris Hemsworth if there's anything he hasn't gotten to do as Thor yet that he wants to. “Turn me into a woman. I don't want to speak too early, but I think that could be my Oscar."
- Robert Downey Jr. beaming at the table of talent. “I become a little less significant every time, but it's alright because they're all just so damn good!” An audience member shouted “You're the best, Robert!” To which he responded immediately with “You're probably right."
- Does Mark Ruffalo get noticed on the street? “People don't know who I am other than Hulk. Out on the street, it's 'Yo! Hulk! Hulk! Hulk!' "
- Chris Evans said that Cap has kind of caught up with the times, but he's still a man in search of a home, especially after S.H.I.E.L.D. falls apart in Winter Solider.
- Samuel Jackson said something very heartfelt about Comic-Con. He said he loved the con and comes out every year he can. “I come here and it feels like it validates me, proves that I belong. It energizes me to keep going out and making movies all year.”
- Paul Bettany was asked about his new responsibilities as The Vision: “Now they're making me work for my money! I used to show up to a dark room for 45 minutes and get a bag of cash.” He followed that up with: “This is the most exciting thing that has ever happened... to my children.”
- What about the other robot? Any particular challenges for James Spader? "Well, I play an 8 foot robot in this movie and I've always played humans..." You a sarcastic motherf*cker, James Spader. I love it!
- How about when Elizabeth Olsen was talking about playing Scarlet Witch and she almost called her a mutant? "It's fun to bring a new element to the world. There's magic and mu... tated people." The crowd went “ooooooooooo.”
- Robert Downey Jr of course had to make an inappropriate joke when her ability to cast spells came up. He made some suggestion she cast a spell on him a few weeks ago and he's waiting for her to relieve it. Dirty birdy!
- The panel ended when they decided to introduce Thanos. Josh Brolin came out wearing a foam Infinity Gauntlet.
Downey tried to barter peace by giving him the last remaining rose...
This is what happened:
He actually did eat the rose, by the way.
So, there you go. Awesome panel, awesome footage.
Marvel does it again at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con!
UPDATED! Video Footage of the Panel
Post a Comment