NINTENDO SWITCH GAMES
So far, here are all the games said to be arriving with the Nintendo Switch when it launches on March 3 for $299:
- "1, 2, Switch" is a party game for the Switch. It makes use of the Joy-Con as motion controllers for multiplayer experiences that look quirky and fun. It will release with the Switch at launch.
- "ARMS" is a motion-based game where players literally fight — using their real arms — but the moves are reflected in the game. Your fists extend out (in the game), like they have springs — it's a bit of a combination of shooter and fighting game. It looks rad! This game will also release with the Switch at launch.
- "Splatoon 2" is a sequel to the breakout hit "Splatoon," a third-person shooter on Nintendo's Wii U. The game was a major new entry from Nintendo in a category that it didn't compete in traditionally; "Splatoon 2" looks to continue the silly, thrilling competitive shooting made famous by the previous game. It will launch this summer.
- "Super Mario Odyssey" is a brand-new 3D Mario game, and the first large Mario-themed sandbox world since "Super Mario 64" on the Nintendo 64 and "Super Mario Sunshine" on the Gamecube. It's an absolutely gorgeous, bonkers-looking game with innovative, colorful gameplay. It will release in the holiday season later this year.
- "Xenoblade Chronicles 2" and "Fire Emblem Warriors" will satisfy anyone looking for an action-adventure games with a fantasy settings. Nintendo did not say when these games would launch.
- "Project Octopath Traveler" is a brand-new game from Square Enix.
- Games from the "Dragon Quest" series, including games 1 and 2 remade for Switch, as well as new games in "Dragon Quest X" and "Dragon Quest XI."
Nintendo says there are 50 different companies developing 80 games for the Switch.